In honor of the 250th Anniversary of Ellicott City, Maryland HISTORIC ELLICOTT CITY, Inc. is sponsoring a student essay contest and inviting Howard County students in grades Pre-K through 12 to participate for cash awards. The contest encourages students to consider the rich history of Ellicott City during the town’s sestercentennial year and write an essay pertaining to an historical aspect of the town.
There will be three divisions:
- High School- students in grades 9-12
- Middle School- students in grades 6-8
- Elementary School- in grades PreK-5
- Entries MUST address a historical aspect of Ellicott City.
- The essay must be written in English
- The title of the essay and division level should be on the top of the first page
- Length of submissions for each division are:
Elementary: 1-3 pages | Middle School: 5-7 pages | High School: 8-10 pages
- For the elementary division, students may dictate and have an adult type; however, it should not be altered or edited by the adult.
- Entries must be saved in as a document file or in a pdf.
- Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, April 19th.
- Entries should be submitted at: https://tinyurl.com/250-essay
Three awards will be presented in each division as follows:
- Elementary School: 3-$100 prizes
- Middle School: 3-$200 prizes
- High School: 3-$350 prizes
Questions? Contact us at EC250inc@gmail.com